In the chapter, “Organize Your Medicine Cabinet”, Jennifer starts off by stating that this should be a quick and easy week and I agree. Here are some of her tips that I implemented when organizing my medicine cabinet:
Jennifer helps by outlining the following goals:
- Empty your medicine cabinet and toss expired prescriptions and nonprescription medicines
- Keep like items together
- To maximize your space, organize remaining items by height. Move shelves around if necessary
- Once the items are grouped by size, organize them by categories, keeping like things together whenever possible
- Take inventory of the medicine and supplies you have and make a not of any staples you need to purchase
- Make sure all child-proof caps are secure
- A magnetic strip on the inside of a medicine cabinet is a great way to store tweezers, scissors and nail clippers
There wasn’t too much chaos in the cabinet so it wasn’t too bad. I took everything out of the medicine cabinet and cleaned it. I took inventory of what I had and placed it back in the medicine cabinet and rearranged them by size.
I wanted to add a little inspiration to the start of my morning, so I used the back side of the door of the medicine cabinet to put inspirational pictures and quotes.
Since my medicine cabinet isn’t very big, I use other areas in my bathroom to store my personal items. I use one of the drawers for my toothpaste and eye contact care items. I use an InterDesign Rain Bath & Vanity Organizers 7 x 16 x 2 inches which I purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond and an InterDesign Rain Bath & Vanity Organizers 4 x 16 x 2 inches that I purchased through Amazon.
I installed a cabinet in the bathroom that I purchased from Target years ago to house perfumes, lotions and bathing products.
If you want to add extra storage in your bathroom, a very nice option from Target is the Fieldcrest Wall Cabinet.
I appreciate Jennifer’s thoughts and ideas for this week’s challenge. It helped me to clean and organize the space that I use every day. Instead of starting your morning routine with chaos and disorganization, it’s so much nicer to start with an organized and inspired mindset.
***Please also check out the amazing women who are also participating in the 12 Week Organize Now! Challenge: Jennifer @ Mother Thyme, Bonnie @ House of Grace, Pamela @ the dayton time and Michelle @ Eamich ***